Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Under Construction....(always)







When I started my teaching career, I was still learning about web-pages and "HTML". I want to thank Hal Schmidt for taking me through a crash course on web design and communications. The world of internet and technology changed drastically during the time I went from high school to university to being a teacher myself.

One thing I learned: the difference between "dynamic" and "static". Those things that are changing and those things that stay the same.

Most websites at that time would put on a little "gif" image that said, "Site under construction" and Hal would just laugh and say, "they must not be that good at web design - their site is ALWAYS going to be under construction!!"

As for me, this summer has been filled with a lot of construction. Pounding, jack-hammers, and other noise related to overall improvement of facilities has followed me from my apartment in Macau, to our English Center and now here where I am staying in Hong Kong. It is my prayer that I pay attention to the heart-renovation which is taking place within my inner-walls.

Also, if you need some prayer regarding the "new and improved" you that is happening or that you are looking for - send me an email or comment!






Take care and God bless

No comments: