Monday, November 2, 2015

All Saint's Day and Past Pastors

Their words have instructed, encouraged, and provided a guidance for me as well as numerous others. The men and women I mention below have served by loving, teaching, providing, and nurturing. My mother's parents and father's parents were always ready to offer an extra slice of pie, scoop of ice cream and most certainly a huge << HUG >>. I miss those hugs.

As you go about the week, stop to think about the saints who have gone before us yet have never really left us.  They are those men and women who have offered their backs and shoulders for us to see further, imagine more, dig deeper and know an awesome love. When this offering of sincere care is done with the best of intentions, it's the next best feeling to the unconditional love which God alone can offer.








In reflection of October and Pastor's Appreciation Month, I would also like to take a moment to share some sincere gratitude to a few names who have helped me to mature in faith, grow in spiritual awareness and have - without a doubt - prayed a LOT for me. Thank you so much to: Pastor Jim Wilbur, Pastor Bob Boerger, Pastor Arthur Reich, the many men from Concordia University of Wisconsin who shared their insights and understandings for my certification in Lutheran Education. As I moved into the world of vocation: Pastor Bob Behnke, Pastor/Principal Tim Bernard, the many pastors of the CrossRoads Circuit in the Michigan District, Pastor Carl Hanson, soon to be Pastor/Sensei Matthew Wasmund, Pastor/Sensei Shinri Emoto, Pastor/Sensei Miyazawa, Pastor Steve Oliver, Pastor James, Pastor Paul/White, Pastor Alex Wu, Pastor Joel Schiewe, Pastor JP Cima, Pastor Shaun Daugherty, Pastor John Mehl and Pastor Ted Engelbrecht. As I reflect more, I am sure different situations and names will also come to mind; please forgive me.

For now, I also heartily recognize the men, teachers, and women - also teachers who have taken the time to offer me their relationship. You, who have led with words and actions; offering comfort in my affliction and certainly challenging me when I have fallen into a "comfort zone".

No comments: