Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Purpose of Our Life

Thank you (Xie xie ni. Arigato gozaimus. Mh goi or Doh je and Cam on!) You are reading this because we are connected one way or another. With all of the technology available, it is amazing and wonderful. I give praise to God for the opportunity to know you - whether it is because of a chance encounter or a from a long-time relationship. I thank you for being a part of my journey.


Defining one's purpose can be extremely daunting or quite simple. Between a devotion this morning, an observation about this blog not being updated, my desire to refine my professional-personal appearance online, and a plethora of other reasons -  I must admit: I found myself lost. I find myself, and then lose focus time and time again. What's the purpose? What's my purpose? What's our purpose? Simply put though, our purpose can be found by looking at our relationships.

Clarity, vision, focus, these words have been in my life since around February when I was ill with pink-eye. At that time I was able to rest in Jesus. As the devotion shared: "Paul clearly states the purpose of our lives: we live for Jesus, who lived, died, and rose for us. Jesus is to be number one in our daily lives. Our lives are to be centered and focused on Him." (Portals of Prayer, July-Sept. 2013 - Concordia Publishing House, Thursday, July 18). My experience brought me closer to God, giving me a clearer understanding of how much I need to rely on Him. My purpose became better understood because of an experience. My experience led me back to: relationships - my relationships with those who helped me and my relationship with Jesus.

Relationships do two things, they define and reveal the purpose of our life. Backed by years of "relationship defining conversations" known as prayer...ultimately it is our individual relationship with God. As the Trinity, He displays the value of relationships and provides a way for us to grasp the immense care He has for each of us. I pray you find joy in the discovery of your purpose during your earthly journey.

A prayer: My Lord, help me to show gratitude in my daily life for all You have done for me. Amen (again, a Portals of Prayer offering)
2 Corinthians 5:15

1 comment:

Tom Chat said...

IM TOAN-ADULT STUDENT FROM HV UNIVERSITY IN PHUTHO, LEAVE ME YOUR EMAIL. MY EMAIL: toantrantb100@gmail.com