Saturday, April 30, 2011

Some Summary, Some Video!

As I consider what the most important lessons of this day could mean for you and what I really want to share, its great to know that God is love and that people care.

Having said that, I want you to know I often consider what is relevant and what I can or should post. I think about what all this means - much more than I probably should. Although I feel like I can be a person of action, sometimes I feel "on the fence". This applies to my blogging as much as it does my: work, relationships, and various other areas of my life! It is my prayer that I begin to "just do it" and get out there with whatever happens to be the results - trusting that God will lead the way.

There are quite a number of celebrations and reasons to give thanks which have taken place over the last two months. There has been a lot of activity in the lives of my students, my coworkers, and espcially my friends and family. Praises for health miracles, birthdays, and celebrations. Concerns for new adventures and undertakings in life. For all of the things I missed the opportunity to share, I hope to eventually take care of doing some quality writing and make it worth your while.

There are anectodatal things which I found extremely interesting, and just enjoyed them for what they meant in my upbringing and life as it relates to understanding culture and diversity - reading about Marian Anderson and knowing such a God-fearing woman was able to break through many barriers. I considered sharing that for February (Black History Month, and then doubling-up or rather two-for-one, because February turned into March, Women's History Month) Ah well, here's a video and I suggest further reading and sharing about this woman's fantastic impact on culture...not only in America, but throughout the world.



Moving through March, there was National Lutheran Schools Week. And although we are across the Pacific, I do have hopes of one day there being an equal amount of celebration and connection regarding this school's heritage and connection with the Lutheran church. With the theme being, "Securing Each Child's Future - Making Disciples" - John 8:31b-32, I pray for the many celebrations, festivities which took place in various Lutheran Schools.



Speaking of the school, we have been helping contribute to the school by adding to the ministry as well as to promote the school by going out to elementary schools. We sing songs, do skits, and participate in special events. Usually once or twice a semester, we are asked to do something for the chapel. To help promote the school, we do a skit and one of the school officials does a presentation. We pray Concordia Middle School can continue to maintain it's high level of academic standards as well as reach out to those students most deserving of this education. We also pray for the current students, staff and faculty. Pray that God may be ever present in their life and that their relationship with Him grows (for many - it needs to start!). Here is a video from our participation in the 30 Hour famine that is hosted throughout Taiwan by World Vision. It came here to CMS during Holy Week and we tried to raise some money by doing a dance while also trying to send a message!



Blessings to you and Hope to talk with you soon!
James

No comments: