Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Identifying one's indentity

In the last few months, and in recent weeks especially, I have come across a few different books, devotions, and have been a part of some meetings that really emphasized the point of "Identification".

Whether we are an individual or an organization, it is vital for us to "make a name" for ourself. We do this for a variety of reasons. As you reflect on how you have "I.D'd" yourself, I pray you find you way into God's Word, the Holy Bible.

I am proud to have worked with people like Rev. Robert Smith and Mrs. Cleorah Scruggs-DeBose from this past summer and fall. Their books have pointed to the very real relationship we have as an individual and as a community - whom God has given to us for specific reasons. Our identity can be found in the Cross.

Also, I would like to recognize a couple people I have not met, (yet?), Michael Gates Gill ("How Starbucks Saved My Life") and Dr. Walter Turnbull, ("Lift Every Voice"), founder and director of the Boys Choir of Harlem. These two men have written books which I have enjoyed reading.

In the last few months, I have served here: Concordia Middle School. I would like to acknowledge the commitment of this school's administration to the internationalization of this learning community. The are striving for an identity that will make this school a leader in Taiwan's education system.

Thank you, to all of you who have stopped by on this page to read a few words. This latest journey has been a very special endeavor.

Here are a couple pictures: The first is a recent "scenery" shot from Kenting, Taiwan.


















Here is a picture of me being "Bryan Nerd". He thought he was smart enough to get into heaven. Oh, did he learn his lesson when he still got pulled away to eternal death.
















Here is a video that definitely represents a lifestyle "norm" here: Scootering. It can easily be said that a person must show peace and patience when driving around on these scooters. If you have ever been in Taiwan, I am sure you "identify" with this way of getting around.



My identity is in the hands of my creator, the Lord, Jesus Christ. As I bow down before Him, asking Him to guide, lead, and direct my path - I pray He does the same for you. His birth we celebrate at CHRISTmas. His death and resurrection we honor during Lent, the Passion Week, and Good Friday-Easter Sunday. His Spirit leads in amazing and miraculous ways.

What's your identity?

No comments: